Mascaras Of The Moment

Wednesday, 8 October 2014


It's true, I'm a mascara floozy.  I am not loyal to any one brand.  I mean if I had the €€€ I would be faithful to the Tom Ford Extreme Mascara I bloomin' loved that but have yet been able to justify a repurchase and we all know there is not many things I can't justify buying... So while mourning that, my current mascara medley looks a little like this;

The Latest: L'OrĂ©al Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara I'm not usually a fan of plastic wands but I find that this brush helps you get right up into the roots with ease.  This doesn't offer as much volume and on me but it does lift the lashes while lengthening and separating them nicely.  I tend to opt for higher end products, this shows that mascara is one thing that you don't have to spend a lot of money on! 

The One for Night time: Make Up For Ever Smokey Extravagant Mascara of the mascaras I own, this may not be the one I'd recommend for holding a curl but if you are looking for something for night time with some oompf and drama, I'd suggest this for lashings of full lashes.

The Curl Holding: Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara I’ve a lot of things to be thankful for but naturally fluttery eyelashes ain’t one!  Yes, this Chanel offering thickens and adds volume but boy, does this hold a curl - full on flutter!  I always get compliments and asked if I'm wearing falsies when I sport this.

The Every Day Option: I seem to have a few samples of this the Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara lying around!  Pigmented and it does not clump, smudge, flake or leave lashes feeling crispy!  It lengthens and defines lashes rather than adding volume so perfect for every day or wearing into the office.

8 comments :

  1. Me too.. :( My lashes are so thin it's hardly visible when I line my lids. Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara sounds lovely as I'm not a fan of wearing actual falsies. Not very adventurous with mascara as I can never justify buying an expensive one since it can only last for less than a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I do opt for pricier products, I think mascara is one thing you don't have to spend a lot on :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I am such a mascara whore!! The only thing with me is that I can't bear to open more than one at a time! My stash is insane! The L'Oreal one is in my stash as is the Chanel. I've just finished up the L'Oreal Telescopic and am using the Guerlain Le 2 at the moment which is amazing

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start doing that so they last! Ooh the Guerlain one sounds v. interesting :)

      Delete
  3. I've got a Chanel Inimitable mascara waiting in the wings, ready for when my current Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde tube runs out. I'm even more eager to crack it open now!

    www.alicegracebeauty.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great read love your blog girly :) .... check out my blog @ http://samellionchameleon.blogspot.com.au
    # lovelies

    ReplyDelete
  5. L'Oreal is great!
    xo
    Stacy

    http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations