Blemishes Be Gone

Friday, 10 October 2014






















While my skin is combination/oily/acne prone, for the most part I manage to keep it under control with products like these. Until recently.  I've had a few hectic weeks with weddings/birthdays/an increased workload and it has taken its toll - on my face!  I know, I know there is a tiny violin playing for me somewhere but I'm *whispers* in my 30s this carry on is completely unacceptable.  Isn't worrying about signs of ageing enough?  Some most unwelcome blemishes have taken up residence on my chin, (nice mental image for you there...) so it is time to take them on with this duo of skin saviours.


La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+  I reach for this when my skin has been misbehaving and I've been experiencing more than the odd spot of bother and need something to get my skin back on track.  This sorts out my complexion woes by reducing blemishes and keeping my skin clear.  Like the original formula this is white in colour and has a light almost serum like texture. It absorbs easily so I find that it works well as a base under makeup too.   

Darphin Aromatic Purifying Balm you know those horrible, painful, under the skin, take a week to go kind of blemishes?  This sorts them right out.  I’ve been reaching for this over traditional drying spot creams, were I find you treat the blemish and then have to try to fix the skin underneath afterwards.  Massaged into the affected area at night, come morning the blemish looks less angry, red, inflamed and because this is a hydrating balm, the spot isn’t dry and flaky (TMI? Sorry!) and is therefore, much easier to conceal.

Boy does this combo work, bye-bye blemishes! 

6 comments :

  1. I'd be lost without my effaclar duo too... and don't worry... I'm in my 30s too ;o)

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if it was working at first until I stopped using it...

      Delete
  2. The effaclat duo is definitley a life saviour for me. I used the original one and I remembered loving it so much and it cleared up my skin so well. Unfortunatley, as beauty blogger, I have been trying out other moisturisers and totally forgot about this great product. I need to purchase the newer edition to this one and hope it works just as good!

    Thank you for reminding me about this wonderful product! Have a nice day ♥

    *Yingcbeauty*

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it isn't it, when you stop using it, you realise how good it is :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I stopped using it for a while, but it's a stash staple again now :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations