Skincare Shake Up

Wednesday, 10 September 2014














When it comes to beauty buying, nothing makes me happier than skincare!  Yes, I love makeup especially lipstick and am currently far too excited at wearing berry toned lips and nails this Autumn but skincare is my thing.  Today's post is on two new products that I slotted into my skincare routine. When it comes to exfoliation, I choose chemical scrubs over manual ones every time since discovering my beloved Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 but with that running low, I wanted to try something new.  A lunch-time dash to Space NK ensued.  Naturally.  Here's what I picked up:

The first purchase was the Zelens Resurfacing Facial Pads with acids, these gently exfoliate to improve skin texture and reveal brighter smoother skin.  I love other Zelens products so wanted to give these a go.  Unfortunately, for me, these will not be a repurchase as they broke me out!  It says on the tub that you can use these twice daily but I started off using them just once at night.  I don't have particularly sensitive skin but I found these to be a little harsh and drying.  I don't mind fragranced products but these have a strong "chemical" scent.

The other item I purchased the Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment is something I love, thankfully.  It has a strong lemongrass scent if that is something that would bother you but you can't smell it once it's applied to the skin.  This is a white serum and it has a really light consistency.  It melts into the skin and is absorbed easily.  I'm always hesitant recommending things because everyone's skin is different and this has a hefty price tag but if you're near a Space NK I'd urge you to pick up a sample of this!  One of it's main ingredients is lactic acid.  My skin looks brighter and more even toned after I used this and feels silky smooth.  You can also use this as a mask but I prefer to use it in the evenings as a daily serum. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations