Drugstore Beauty Haulin'

Monday, 22 September 2014

I made a lunch-time dash to the drugstore (because chemist doesn't have the same ring to it) recently and here is what made it into my basket.  Because let's face it, who actually manages to leave with just the cotton wool pads they went in for!  I don't know what kind of sorcery they have going on in there but it's impossible...

The first thing I bought was the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+  I am excited to use this one as sometimes I find that once the blemish you are trying to treat has gone, you need a whole other arsenal of products to tackle the mark left behind.  I've recently had a really bad reaction to a balm cleanser so I needed something to get my skin back on track.  I'm really impressed thus far.  Like the original, it is white in colour and has a light almost serum like texture.  It absorbs easily and works well under makeup too.

A Beauty Blogger enabled inspired purchase was of the L'OrĂ©al Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara while my beloved MUFE Smokey Lash is still HG, I do really like this.  I'm not usually a fan of plastic wands but I find that this brush helps you get right up into the roots with ease.  This doesn't offer as much volume and on me, it doesn't hold a curl as well but it does lift the lashes while lengthening and separating them nicely.  While I do tend to opt for higher end products, I think mascara is one thing that you don't have to spend a lot on!

Lastly, late to the party I know but I finally managed to pick up some Wet n Wild products.  I added the Megaclear Brow and Lash Mascara to my basket as I needed a new clear brow gel to keep my bushy brows in check.  For my lower waterline I picked up their Coloricon Eyeliner in white.  This may look too harsh but it must be the universe's way of telling me to stop shopping because I can never find a nude shade!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations