Summer Skin

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

























It's no secret that while I love makeup, especially lipstick, it is skincare that holds a special place in my heart.  I would love to have such perfect skin that I could more often skip makeup altogether. Unfortunately, the quest for flawless skin continues but regardless, I'll still happily leave the house sans makeup or at least almost barefaced.  With some help from the following no makeup, makeup products...

First I apply a generous layer of SPF with the Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50  It took me a while as I used to rely solely on my foundation to provide sun protection but I think I've for the perfect SPF for me and now I wear it daily and won't leave the house without it.  High protection, a non-greasy matte finish and most importantly it doesn't clog my pores or break me out.  

Then the cheat product, I did say almost barefaced - concealer.  I'm still using and loving the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.  I really like the consistency of this.  Thick enough to cover blemishes or any redness and stay in place but not too thick that you can't blend it under the eyes too.  

Lastly a swipe of lip balm to hydrate and add a subtle shine to my lips.  I'm using up the Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care Lip Balm.  This is nice and I do like it but I don't think I'll repurchase, the By Terry Baume de Rose lip balm still reigns as HG for me.  If necessary, I use the tiniest amount of lip balm to tame any unruly brows too.

Finally, I don the largest sunglasses I own and I'm good to go!  No dread of bumping into someone I know or fear of scaring any small children on my morning commute.

8 comments :

  1. I love the Nars Creamy Concealer! I just wish it was a little bit cheaper! I've found that the Revlon Fit Me Concealer is a pretty good dupe though!! :)

    ChrissyLilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never heard of that one, must have a look the next time I'm in Boots :)

      Delete
  2. I really need to try that Kiehl's product! x

    www.thebeautyboardroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiehl's is my fave.. i try to ration mine off to really make every drop count haha

    this + that

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to try this Kiehls's SPF product. I need to get into applying more SPF but it scares me a bit because of my skin being oily!
    Love your blog, new follower!
    Jess xo
    madeyoulookbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me for so long but this works really well with my oily skin :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations