More Masks

Thursday, 17 July 2014

























Who doesn't love a bit of mid week pampering?  Along with painting my nails, putting a conditioning treatment through my hair, I've been enjoying using a face mask as part of my hump day pampering sesh. With the warm(er) weather and increased humidity my skin has been a little more oily so I've been slathering on deep cleansing masks.

First up is the Alpha H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask while I'm not sure if I have noticed a decrease in the size of my pores (is that even possible?!) I love how this makes my skin feel smoother and softer without stripping my skin and leaving it feeling tight or dry.  This doesn't go hard like traditional clay masks, the texture is silky smooth and you only need the tiniest amount.  I use this mostly as a preventative measure against any lurking blemishes!  I remove it with a flannel and my skin feels calmer and less irritated.

When I really need to deep clean, I've been reaching for the Glam Glow Super Mud Clearing Treatment Mask.  Believe the hype, this is amazing.  If things are looking a bit congested (too much information? Sorry!) this is the treatment I use.  It has a subtle minty scent and it feels slightly tingly upon application.This sorts out clogged pores like no other revealing smoother, clearer and calmer skin.  As the mask dries, you can see the areas it targets.  I should probably be slightly disgusted but I find it strangely satisfying...

What are your favourite mud masks?

8 comments :

  1. I've heard so much about the Glam Glow range, I really need to try one of their masks :)

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love this, I want to try the new hydrating one now too :)

      Delete
  2. I want to try a glam glow mask! I only hear good things about them.

    Allthingskerri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've heard nothing but good things about them :)

      Delete
  3. I really REALLY need to try Glamglow, I haven't heard anything but praise for their products!

    Latasha xx | Today I Adore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this, want to try more of their range now :)

      Delete
  4. Glamglow is most definitely next on my wish list :) great review!

    Lis x

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having a read! Sorry to add to the wishlist :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations