Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

Friday, 25 July 2014


























Maybe not the timeliest of posts with it being Summer!  As the weather is warmer and more humid and my skin is typically oilier I've been loving lighter barely-there bases and have even been skipping makeup completely! But I thought that these are perfect conditions to put the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation to the test.

I'm very fair (yes, even in Summer) and so was colour matched with the shade Porcelain which has yellow undertones.  It has a thick consistency but it is not as thick as Estée Lauder Double Wear.  It glides on smoothly, blends really well and drys to a powder like, velvet finish.  It is comfortable to wear and doesn't feel heavy or cake-y on my skin unlike some other fuller coverage foundations.  As it's oil free, I don't have to worry about it aggravating my acne prone skin.

As for longevity?  This is ridiculously long lasting.  Even after long days in work in an office with broken air-con - 12 hours later and this still looks the same coverage wise.  I can get through the entire day without the need for touch ups and don't need to set this with powder.  I've been using this with a sample I have of the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer but I'm curious to see how it will work with my Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer.

I don't think this would work for those with drier skin types.  I find that it "sets" quickly so I have to work fast to blend this in fully.  I was hesitant to buy this at first but I'm glad I finally caved as I think this will be my new go-to for those long days or occasions when I need fuller coverage foundation.

8 comments :

  1. This sounds great! I'm not good at going without foundation, even on hot days, so the fact that this is so long wearing sounds very appealing. My Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet just doesn't seem to cut it in this weather. Thanks for sharing this find! :)

    Lis xx


    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the Chanel, may have to wait until the weather gets cooler though!

      Delete
  2. This has been on my wishlist for ages! Am still kicking myself for forgetting to try it when I was in London recently! Next time...
    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe try a sample first! I think for long lasting foundation, I'll be reach for my Estee Lauder Double Wear.

      Delete
  3. Sounds very appealing to me! Also love the package *-*

    Ellie xo
    http://thoughts-of-a-fashion-lover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you find this worked without the hourglass primer? I've recently bought the primer & it's amazing for keeping my foundation in place on my oily t zone, just wondering if the foundation is as good or if the primer is doing all the work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to say it but I think it's the primer. I'd try a sample of the foundation first!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations