Bold Bright Lips

Friday, 4 July 2014

























In the Summer, sometimes the last thing I want to do is wear a lot of makeup.  Especially when it's very warm and humid,  it's a fine line between glowy and greasy!  Some days the only thing for it, is to wear SPF, the biggest sunglasses I own and to look like I've made some effort, sport a bold lip.  Here are my favourite brights. These are equally beautiful worn during the day to distract from a bare face or at night with admittedly a bit more makeup...

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #43 La Favorite is described as a coral shade but it comes out much more pink toned on my lips.  I typically find matte formulas drying but this, while long lasting, is very comfortable to wear.

MAC Morange an amplified finish.  I love wearing this in the Summer.  A very orange toned red. It’s pigmented, bright and fun to wear.  More often than not, I get all matchy matchy and pair it with Chanels Holiday nail polish.

For when I'm feeling brave NARS Schiap is a gorgeous bold pink with blue undertones. Extremely pigmented and another matte formula but doesn't feel heavy on the lips.  This fades nicely to a pink stain.

Tom Ford Lip Colour 08 Flamingo matte yet this glides on and imparts a hint of a sheen with the most incredible warm mid-tone pink colour.  And yes, yes I have been applying it from the other side so as not to ruin the TF embossing! 

The bright lip colours I've been lovin' and not a peach toned shade in sight.  Who am I?  The heat must have gotten to me...

9 comments :

  1. ooooh the Tom Ford one looks really lovely! :) off to swatch that this weekend fo'sure! :)

    Lis x

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colours, I'm still attempting to find the perfect coral colour for my skin tone. Thanks for sharing :D www.makeupandmedicine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find one, such a gorgeous shade for Summer :)

      Delete
  3. The Nars is such a lovely colour! It is a great pink and looks really flattering x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks super scary in the bullet but a lovely shade.

      Delete
  4. These colours are lovely, I normally opt for a darker vampy lip but this is definitey inspiring me to try more bright colours!
    Jess xo
    madeyoulookbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations