Bedside Beauty

Saturday, 12 July 2014

We have had a tour of my dressing table and a what's in my handbag (the kitchen sink edit!), today's post continues with some virtual snooping and a what's on my bedside table... 

I should have moved the alarm clock when taking the blog photo!  That poor poor thing and it's seriously abused snooze button!  I generally am one of those annoying morning people but even though I've never ever been late for anything in my life I still set the alarm on this and the one on my phone.  You know, just in case...  Not gonna lie, not even ashamed to admit that most nights I'm in bed early-ish.  Cementing my grandma status right there.  I'm trying to wean myself off Netflix and watching entire series in a week!  Oops.  So I've been enjoying reading again, an actual book and not just Heat, Allure and Vogue magazines!

Now onto the beauty bits, to help me get some serious shut eye,  I love the This Works Deep Sleep range.  I'm currently using up a sample of the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray and the This Works Deep Sleep Stress Less Roller ball.  Packed with lavender, vetivert and camomile and the roller ball contains essential oils.  One of my fave combos for a slumber heave night's sleep.  To up moisture levels, I slather on some hand cream, Creme de la Mer The Hand Treatment was a gift.  It smells nice (showing my age but does anyone remember Calvin Klein CK One?) and it does a good job but I don't know if I can justify the price of this.  And my talents include justifying spendy splurges...  Also, by included in with the beauty bumf is a Sally Hansen Cuticle Oil Pen to try and remind myself to use it! Finally, I swipe on a generous layer of By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm and wake to seriously smooth and soft lips.

Beauty time beauty completed, it's time to read a few chapters of my book (this is hilarious) and catch some Zzz.

8 comments :

  1. I just bought Bossy Pants! I'm really excited to read it. Are you enjoying it?

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even half way through but really liking it so far!

      Delete
  2. I've just recently started using the Deep Sleep Pillow Spray & I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I love your bedside set-up :) I need to get myself a little dish to put all my 'stuff' in!

    Oh dear, I've just started my Netflix addiction and the poor Kindle hasn't been opened for well over a month!!

    Lis x

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Netflix, so good but so bad at the same time!

      Delete
  4. Does that Deep Sleep Pillow Spray really work? I've always wanted to try it but was unsure. I hate the smell of lavender though so Idk haha. lashingsofmascaraon.blogspot.ie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't like the scent of lavender, I don't think you'd like it. It does work but I'm sure it's partly placebo effect too :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations