Maintaining Makeup Brushes

Friday, 20 June 2014






































Spot cleaning isn't for me.  I am a bit of a neat freak and as my skin can be prone to breakouts, I prefer to deep clean my makeup brushes on a weekly basis.  

I gather up the brushes that need cleaning and off I trek walk down the hall to the bathroom with my makeup brushes, a towel and cleanser.  One by one, I put each brush under the tap of warm running water, apply some cleanser and swirl the brush in my hand (technical bit) and then rinse until the water runs clear.  Always making sure that I hold the brush at an angle so not to direct the water into the base of the brush.  Some spendy MAC brushes have met their end that way...

I'm not too fussy when it comes to what product I use to clean my makeup brushes.  At the moment I'm using plain old baby shampoo.  It leaves the brushes super soft without leaving any residue behind. Once washed, I reshape the bristles while they are still damp and then lay each brush on a towel or flannel to air dry overnight. 

Brush cleaning, the only kind of laundry I don't mind!  Has anyone tried using the Dr Bronners 8-in-1 Magic Soap?  How do you clean yours?

2 comments :

  1. I clean my brushes the same way. I also use baby shampoo (Burts Bees to be exact). Although it's an easy process, it's tedious and I always dread it but it needs to be done, right?

    xx

    Shree | PorcelainShree ✝ Beauty & Lifestyle Blog ✝ |

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations