I've seen many videos on this, The Lip Product Addict Tag, so I thought that today I would incorporate it into a blog post. When it comes to all things beauty, lip products are my thing. It's amazing how the purchase of a new lip product can ignite pure glee...
1. Favourite balm/treatment? By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm I shudder to think of the number of times I have repurchased this. HG for me. I have tried them ALL but nothing is as nourishing and hydrating and sorts out dry flaky lips like this. It leaves my lips silky soft, imparts a sheer pink hue and smells beautiful. It's earned it's place in my heart and in my stash. You hear that purse?
2. Best eye-catching red? NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square I'm loving mattes and I'm well lazy, so can't be fussed with the constant searching for a mirror or any reflective surface for re-applications. I like to be sure that my lipstick will stay put. I get a good few hours before this starts to fade and it wears away evenly. This too is a gorgeous red with orange undertones.
3. Best luxury? Any of the Tom Ford lipsticks but Tom Ford #01 Spanish Pink is probably my most worn. I'm just too invested in a neutral lip. this mid pink toned nude has a barely detectable shimmer that just adds something to it. Definitely a my lips but better contender. There's no question, that these are high-end luxury lipsticks with the prices to match but I find them very easy and comfortable to wear.
4. Best MAC lipstick? MAC Morange is one I reach for during the Summer. An amplified finish. I love wearing this with natural makeup and a (false) tan. A very orange toned red. It’s pigmented, bright and fun to wear.
5. The most disappointing? I hate to be negative but YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #13 Le Orange. The only niggle I have is that re-application is so often required! The creamy texture causes it to slip after a while and as this is so bright and pigmented, I find myself checking for lippie on teeth incidents! But it fades nicely to a stain and is such a gorgeous colour so I still love it!
6. Liner, yes or no? More often than not it's a no for me! Living on the edge people! I only reach for liner if I'm wearing a very bold red or plum shade at night.
7. Best gloss? I was never a gloss wearing kinda gal but that all changed with the recent discovery of the Chantecaille Brillant Gloss I have two shades Mirth and Sweet and have been reaching for them religiously. NYX have recently launched here so I'm dying to try their Butter Glosses.
8. Something extra? A quick glance at my makeup collection and you will see lipsticks aplenty! A rifle through my handbag and you’ll find I usually have several with me at all times because well who doesn’t need three different shades of lipstick with them throughout the day?