Lip Product Addict

Friday, 13 June 2014

I've seen many videos on this, The Lip Product Addict Tag, so I thought that today I would incorporate it into a blog post.  When it comes to all things beauty, lip products are my thing. It's amazing how the purchase of a new lip product can ignite pure glee...

1.  Favourite balm/treatment?  By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm  I shudder to think of the number of times I have repurchased this.  HG for me.  I have tried them ALL but nothing is as nourishing and hydrating and sorts out dry flaky lips like this.  It leaves my lips silky soft, imparts a sheer pink hue and smells beautiful.  It's earned it's place in my heart and in my stash.  You hear that purse?

2.  Best eye-catching red?  NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square  I'm loving mattes and I'm well lazy, so can't be fussed with the constant searching for a mirror or any reflective surface for re-applications.  I like to be sure that my lipstick will stay put.  I get a good few hours before this starts to fade and it wears away evenly.  This too is a gorgeous red with orange undertones.

3.   Best luxury?  Any of the Tom Ford lipsticks but Tom Ford #01 Spanish Pink is probably my most worn.  I'm just too invested in a neutral lip.  this mid pink toned nude has a barely detectable shimmer that just adds something to it.  Definitely a my lips but better contender.  There's no question, that these are high-end luxury lipsticks with the prices to match but I find them very easy and comfortable to wear.

4.  Best MAC lipstick?  MAC Morange is one I reach for during the Summer.  An amplified finish.  I love wearing this with natural makeup and a (false) tan.  A very orange toned red.  It’s pigmented, bright and fun to wear.

5.  The most disappointing?  I hate to be negative but YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #13 Le Orange.  The only niggle I have is that re-application is so often required!  The creamy texture causes it to slip after a while and as this is so bright and pigmented, I find myself checking for lippie on teeth incidents!  But it fades nicely to a stain and is such a gorgeous colour so I still love it! 

6.  Liner, yes or no?  More often than not it's a no for me!  Living on the edge people!  I only reach for liner if I'm wearing a very bold red or plum shade at night.

7.  Best gloss?  I was never a gloss wearing kinda gal but that all changed with the recent discovery of the Chantecaille Brillant Gloss  I have two shades Mirth and Sweet and have been reaching for them religiously.  NYX have recently launched here so I'm dying to try their Butter Glosses.

8.  Something extra?  A quick glance at my makeup collection and you will see lipsticks aplenty!  A rifle through my handbag and you’ll find I usually have several with me at all times because well who doesn’t need three different shades of lipstick with them throughout the day?

2 comments :

  1. Those NARS and MAC colors are beautiful! I've never tried an orange lipstick as I'm terrified that I wouldn't be able to pull it off, but one day I'm sure I will!

    Have you found that you need to apply some kind of lip balm before or after while using the NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil?

    xx

    Shree | PorcelainShree ✝ Beauty & Lifestyle Blog ✝ |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find orange-y reds less scary, I think you should give them a try!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations