Housed in my handbag

Saturday, 7 June 2014























I've recently downsized (yes, this is me downsizing!)  I'm Mary Poppins no more!  I've left the kitchen sink at home, although admittedly I probably fit in in but for the time being at least, here's the lesser loot I lug around;

I put down the Mulberry Effie Hobo as I needed something more structured so I could you know, actually find things!  I've lost count of the number of times I'd found myself scrambling about looking for my purse at the bottom of that slouchy bag so I picked up (that's misleading, by picked up I mean splurged on! Hello, beans on toast lunches!) the Sophie Hulme Zip Top Bowling Bag instead.  A classic style and still big enough to hold all of the essentials and then some.

Most of the things housed in my handbag are the same as the last time I penned one of these posts. After I cleared out the gum wrappers and receipts (coffee and COS, so that's were my money goes!) I'm left with;

A brolly - because let's face it, I live in Ireland.  It's either raining, just rained or about to rain.  

A mini Denman hairbrush - for after I've gotten caught in the above mentioned rain.

Deodorant - for after those unpleasant, packed, peak hour commutes to work.

Chanel lip balm - because for all of my lipstick stockpiling throughout the day, more often than not, this is what I'm slathering on.

Miu Miu Wallet - I've had this for over a year now and it's starting to look a bit battered but I quite like the worn leather look.  This carries cards, far to many receipts and store loyalty cards.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Coin Purse - I bought this to keep loose change in, to save the wallet getting ruined.  I also keep my keys in here too.


Marc by Marc Jacobs Makeup Bag - the contents of which can be seen here.

Who doesn't love a virtual snoop!  I usually have my phone, hand sanitizer and ear phones thrown in there too.  What's housed in your handbag?

2 comments :

  1. I love a good tote-chuck everything and the kitchen sink in!! Nothing wrong with being Mary Poppins! This is one of my fave type of posts-I love a good nose round peoples handbags!

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was, just not a small handbag kinda gal... :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations