Holy Grail Haircare

Wednesday, 4 June 2014


































*The following post contains an out of control rave about some seriously spendy products.  I would have titled this post An Ode to Oribe but I've already done one of those, which you can read here. In fact, there are a whopping 11, yes 11 posts mentioning the brand on LLA.  

I didn’t want to like this brand, I knew what it would mean for my wallet.  I tried to resist, for a loooong time, my fingers hovered hesitantly over the “add to basket” button on Space NK but I gave in and boy is my hair happy about it.

My introduction to the brand was when I bought the Oribe Dry Texturising Spray.  Often I’ll splurge on a product and regret it. This thankfully is not one of those times.  This is ah-mazing! My hair rarely gets greasy so I use this as a texturiser rather than a dry-shampoo.  I just spray quite liberally all over dry hair and then ruffle for perfect lazy hair/beachy/bed head locks.  For the price, I think it is worth it.  I have mid-length, super thick hair and the small can lasts me an age.  Also, it smells incredible and doesn’t leave any residue behind. 

The next product from the line that caught my eye was the Oribe Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray. If you follow me on Twitter you may heard me moan once or several times about how much I hate drying my hair - it is a job in itself!  Well, this makes the process less painful.  I spray this onto damp hair before drying and it leaves my hair smoother, with less frizz, without weighing it down.  I’m convinced that using this cuts down the amount of time it takes for me to blow dry my hair straight.  This like the texturising spray smells great too, fresh and lemony.


My purse is weeping but boy oh boy is my hair happy!  During the warmer weather, my hair can feel and look like it is taking on a life of its own, getting bigger and bigger by the hour and not in a good way!  I style my hair, spray a liberal amount of the Oribe Anti-Humidity Spray on before I leave for work and this guarantees that my hair remains smooth, sleek and looking the exact same several hours later!  No alarming colleagues with my barnet :)

The most recent addition to my healthier hair arsenal is the Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil use this on damp hair before blow drying working it through the mid-lengths to the ends but also add some to dry hair afterwards to tame any flyaways and control frizz and it does so without leaving it lank and flat.   My hair is smoother, softer and more manageable, all while protecting from heat styling and working to repair damage.

Pricey I know, but I've tried 'em all!  For me, when it comes to hair care, Oribe is my hero!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations