Time To Tan?

Thursday, 15 May 2014






I haven't tanned in ages.  Now that my hair is darker, I quite like the contrast against my pale skin. Unfortunately, the warmer nice has brought the realisation that it is getting too warm to wear my normal uniform of boots and skinny jeans and I may, just may have to don a dress or a skirt.  The world isn't quite ready for me to uncover my blindingly pale, pasty limbs so I have been reacquainting myself with false tan.

For body, after thoroughly scrubbing the night before, I take my tanning mitt and apply a liberal layer of the St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse. This is Michelle fool-proof.  First of all, it doesn't take an age to dry, you can get dressed almost straight away.  Although I typically slap this on at night, pop on my PJs and shower off the guide colour in the morning.  It develops into a beautiful golden/olive hue.  I scrub and moisturise beforehand but this doesn't dry out my skin and lasts about a week on me before it starts to fade.

For my face, I love the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning.  First and foremost it doesn't break me out and is completely fuss free.  I use this as a gradual tanner for my face.  At night as the last step of my skincare routine, I pop a small amount of this onto a cotton pad and apply to all over my face.  With no tacky residue, it sinks in straight away, revealing a healthy subtle faux golden glow come morning.  There is no biscuity scent either, this smells divine.

If the thought of false tanning makes you want to lie down in a dark room with a cold cloth pressed against your forehead, why not give this tanning duo a try?

2 comments :

  1. I have some tanning products waiting to be used at home but I've never fake tanned before! I'm quite scared to give it a go but I'm on the same wave length as you; the world isn't quite ready for that haha. I may have to give in! X

    www.peexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the st tropez, i think i might just splurge and buy it hahaha. Thanks for this great post! You've got a new follower! <3 Mishmsxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations