The Lip Lineup

Wednesday, 21 May 2014

ChantecailleBrilliantGloss






















Strange things have been happening round these parts, I've been shunning lipstick in favour of lip gloss.  Yes, I said it, lip gloss! Or more often than not on lazy days, I've been swiping on nothing more than lip balm.  Out with the old, in with the nude!  Here is my latest lip product lineup:

On those above mentioned lazy days and layered on last thing at night, I've been using the Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care  I often struggle with dry lips and this leaves them super soft and hydrated.  It's not waxy or sticky and applies smoothly.  There is no taste, scent or colour with this so it would be perfect for wearing under lipstick during the day too.  I do really like it, the packaging is beautiful and I will be sad when it's gone but I don't think I'll be buying it again.  The By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm is still for me, HG.

For days when lip balm isn't enough I've been actually been enjoying wearing gloss.  Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss 01 Naked is where the lip gloss lovin' started.  This is a gorgeous pinkish toned nude with a subtle golden shimmer. Pigmented and super smooth to apply.  This neutral shade is beautiful worn alone or over a lipstick.  Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Mirth also made the lip line up.  A soft pink shade, this gives a moisturising high-shine finish to the lips and I love the brush applicator. No sticky, tacky formulas here, I'm converted.

6 comments :

  1. I've been having a quite similar love affair with gloss lately, all of these look lovely xx

    http://blooming-daisies.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both seem like really gorgeous colours.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really been loving these recently :)

      Delete
  3. The Chantecaille gloss looks lovely-I have Lucky but I need to give it a trial run! I am loving Baume De Rose at the moment-just put it in my monthly faves

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good isn't it! My most repurchased!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations