Mascara Musings

Monday, 26 May 2014


























I have never been that loyal to any one mascara.  I mean wish I could afford to remain loyal to the Tom Ford Extreme Mascara but more often than not, I typically pick up the Revlon Grow Luscious mascara which is a good dupe or any other one that's on offer in Boots!  My current mascara medley looks something like this...

Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes it doesn’t transfer on my oily lids, so most importantly (for me) no panda eyes!  I like the shape of the wand and the bristled brush.  My lashes are naturally long but very straight and I find that this separates lashes and holds a curl well while still adding length and volume. There are no clumps with this and it doesn’t leave my lashes feeling dry or flakey like some mascaras can.  It's buildable and layers well and isn’t an absolute pain to remove.  

While I do really like the Lancôme offering , I think it is better for giving natural definition and I would prefer the Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara for a more dramatic night time look.  (Not that I'm out past 9pm often! Grandma.)  This is just a sample I had lying around and I'm not normally a fan of plastic brushes so I left this but I'm glad I gave it a whirl as I love it.  One I definitely, need to repurchase. Yes, it thickens, adds volume but boy, does this hold a curl!  I always get compliments and asked if I'm wearing falsies when I wear this.

One I bought after reading countless rave reviews on is the DJV Beautenizer Volume Lash Mascara.  Believe the hype this is amazing.  If you're looking for something to add oompf and drama. Maybe not one for day-time or the faint hearted, this gives you lashings of full lashes!  I originally dismissed this as I found it difficult to remove - there may have been loss of lashes but I was trying to take it off with my regular eye makeup remove but that's not necessary!  Some warm water and this dissolves effortlessly.  It's now a staple in my stash!

4 comments :

  1. I received the DJV one in a recent Cult Beauty gift and sadly wasn't wowed by it. Found it to be a bit flakey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so when I was trying to remove it with regular eye makeup remover but otherwise it's been fine :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Hypnose Doll Eyes, such a good mascara!

    Love Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations