Lip Gloss Lovin'

Tuesday, 6 May 2014

TomFordHighShineLipGloss
You read the title correctly, I did in fact say lip gloss lovin'.  I know, I'm just as shocked as you are.  I have never been a gloss fan until now thanks to the newly purchased Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in 01 Naked.

I have lip products scattered around the house, in my drawer at work and in every bag I am guaranteed to tote around several lip balms and lipsticks.  Yes, plural. But glosses?  I'm not normally a wearer of lip glosses, remembering them as being sticky, gloopy, hair-stuck-to-lips affairs.  The gloss/balm hybrid of the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors is as far as I'll go.   

I bought the shade 01 Naked which is a pinkish toned nude with subtle golden shimmer.  Being the lip gloss newbie that I am, I don't have anything to compare it to.  I generally shy away from anything that has shimmer or sparkle but this is so fine it is barely detectable and just adds a little something to it.  Pigmented and super smooth to apply.  I find this the creamy texture means that it is very comfortable to wear it feels moisturising and is long lasting on the lips.  Equally beautiful worn alone or paired with a lipstick.  Like the lipsticks it has a slight vanilla scent.

I wanted to hate this.  I'm not even much of a gloss wearer.  In my defence, I was at the Tom Ford counter buying a present so I bought myself something too, naturally. The price is insane.  But hey, it's Tom Ford.

Follow me on Bloglovin'

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations