The Skincare #40: Toners on Trial

Saturday, 5 April 2014
























Toners have always played a part in my skincare routine.  If anything it was moisturiser that was the forgotten step (I know, I know) but I've always had options for ramping up my toner routine:

First off exfoliating - as I no longer use manual scrubs, I look for this in chemical form.  Biologique Rechereche Lotion P50 is HG for me.  It's amazing at sloughing away at dead skin cells, revealing brighter, clearer more even toned skin.  I have been using this for well over a year now and can't imagine not having this as a staple in my skincare stash. Mentioned a ridiculous number of times on LLA previously, I'll stop my rave short here.  Another toner that I find keeps breakouts at bay and refreshes my skin is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir.  This also works well to refresh the skin or revive makeup throughout the day. 

Next to prep my skin for serum, I spritz on something more nourishing and hydrating.  La Roche Posay Serozinc is unfortunately not available in Ireland or the UK but this zinc sulphate solution was picked up on the recommendation of the skincare oracle that is Caroline Hirons. A more readily available option is the Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist.  Hydrating and reviving but most of all alcohol free.  This is lovely throughout the day when spirits need a lift or skin needs a pick me up.

I'm currently testing the La Mer hydrating tonic so will report back on that...

5 comments :

  1. wow i love your blog and the way you display you products is so cute hehe xxx
    Lilya
    lilyacm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, thanks for all of the recommendations!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving La Roche Posay at the moment, I just ordered some new stuff by them from Escentual. Cannot wait to try them!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love LRP and Escentual! Let me know how you get on with the products you ordered!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations