The Skincare #45: Bustin' Blemishes

Tuesday, 11 March 2014






















If I had €1 for every time I bemoaned my skin, well let's just say I'd be posting this from some tropical island, far away, with the sun shining down on me, sand at my feet and an ice cold drink to hand... For the most part it's kept under control but for times when it's being its oily acne prone self, these are my trio of choice:

One I can't bare to be without amid whispers that it is being discontinued (say it ain't so!) is Darphin Aromatic Purifying Balm.  This soft balm is just the thing for those hard, under the skin, take about a week to go, kinda of blemishes.  I apply a liberal layer at night and come morning, the offender looks less red and inflamed.  As this is a soft balm, it doesn't leave the area dry or flaky so it is also easier to conceal.


For masks it is all about the the Chantecaille Detox Clay Mask with Rosemary & Honey.  The texture is smooth and it glides over the skin easily.  What I love about this is that it doesn’t dry or go hard, it feels nice on the skin.  I leave this on for 5-10 minutes and then remove with a flannel or muslin cloth.  It leaves my skin feeling and looking clearer and less irritated.  


To keep cystic acne under control, I love the Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion.  This sulfur and salicylic-acid based solution helps soothe and heal painful deep cystic acne.  I love the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, I just wish I'd known about the Buffering Lotion sooner.  It cuts healing time in half and doesn't dry out the surrounding area.


As I am obsessed with skincare and always want to try new things in my never ending quest for perfect skin, I have used and love many blemish banishing products but I think for me, these three will always have a place in my skincare stash.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations