The Makeup #38: My MAC Palette

Monday, 17 March 2014

Strange things have been happening around these parts chez LLA.  I've been wearing, wait for it - eye shadow and not only have I been wearing it but thoroughly enjoying it too.  It all started with that NARS NARSissist Eye Shadow Palette and has led me to rediscover my long forgotten and neglected MAC Palette.  I have several MAC eye shadows but have recently been (re)loving the following four in this handy quad:

Naked Lunch  - this has to be one of MAC's unsung heroes.  A champagne, peachy pink that looks beautiful as an inner corner or brow bone highlight.  It doesn't look like much in the pan, but on the lids? Gorgeous!

Woodwinked - shimmery, golden, warm Woodwinked blends like a breeze and looks great paired with blue eyes.  Highly pigmented and application is smooth.

Mulch - looks great paired with Patina, Mulch is one of those do it all shades whether you want a light wash or packed on for night-time.  Rich chocolate brown this is one I reach for when I want to smoke things up.

Cork - one I never hear much about but I love this satin finish, warm mid toned brown for day-time. It also works well as an eye brow or typical crease colour.

Picking this back up has reminded me that I own more shades besides All That Glitters and Patina! Any others you would recommend?

8 comments :

  1. wow those colours are beautiful!!! will have to check them out

    www.stylecouturebeauty1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naked Lunch looks right up my street, I'm currently obsessed with both Nylon and Satin Taupe, they work really well together :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors!

    http://www.evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! Do you own Satin Taupe? That's another one of my faves other thank NL, ATG, and Woodwinked ;)

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations