The Nail File #34: Essie Master Plan

Tuesday, 18 February 2014
























It's long been established that I am physically unable to enter Boots without A. buying more than I went in for and B. checking the Essie stand.  My most recent lunch-time dash to Boots was no different and saw me leaving with neutral nail polish number, oh I've lost count 7,23549 to add to my ever growing collection, this time with Essie Master Plan.

It was love at first layer!  I don't know how it has taken me so long to pick this shade up.  With warm undertones, this is a gorgeous soft grey creme colour with a hint of beige.  For reference, this is a lot lighter than one of my other favourite greige shades Chinchilly.  The fact that I can’t seem to leave a stand without buying a new one and the number of polishes with the little white caps that I already own will tell you that I love the formula of these varnishes.  They apply easily and dry to a nice finish.  I always use a base and topcoat so I get about 5 days before I start to notice some wear.  Unlike lighter shades, with this you could get away with one coat if you’re a rebel or you know, just in a rush but I’d give it two to be on the safe side. 

Ah the Essie stockpiling continues!  Remember my name, I can see me appearing on a Channel 4 documentary now, "Hoarders - The Nail Polish Edition!"  What are you favourites?

8 comments :

  1. Beautiful shade, I love Essie polish! Expensive but worth it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful color!
    http://femeklick.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I love this colour, so cute and neutral..me likes!

    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shade, it will even work for spring :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the most seasonal but I wear neutrals year round :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations