The Nail File #33: Lacquering Up with Neutrals

Wednesday, 12 February 2014























Festive reds, seasonal shimmers and glitters have all long been packed away and before I look to Spring selections, (I can't wait to sport Essie Absolutely Shore again!) I have returned to my old ways and have been lacquering up my go-to shades for polished, groomed nails - nudes.  

Embracing the neutral side of proceedings with a barely-there hue, Essie Ballet Slippers is the palest and most subtle of the bunch.  A milky almost white based pink.  I find it needs two or three coats to look its best but this is such a beauty, it's worth it for its clean finish.  I promise this post was not penned so I would have an excuse to mention Chanel Le Vernis 559 Frenzy again!  Chic, polished nails at their best!  I won't rave about this any more but a HG product for me and the only polish I've run out of and had to re-purchase.  I love Topshop makeup particularly their lipsticks and nail polish.  Topshop Threadbare is a gorgeous warm toned taupe.  Smooth application and impressive lasting power too.  If anything was to topple Chanel Frenzy's place at the top it would be Nails Inc. Porchester Square. Slightly more purple toned than the Chanel, my first nude nail love!  I need to repurchase this soon, has anyone tried the gel version?  Finally, the darkest of the picks, with more grey undertones is Dior 306 Gris Trianon. Such a pretty polish, this gives rich creamy finish.

Any neutrals that you found were love at first coat you can recommend? There's always room for another nude/beige/greige/taupe right?

17 comments :

  1. Essie and the top shop ones are my favorite two colors out of them all, I am loving nudes right now ^_^

    Much Love, Lynsey x

    www.lipstickmisfitt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your neutral collection my favorite out the five is definitely Frenzy! I've posted about my Butter London nail polish collection on my blog if you want to take a quick look!:)
    A MakeupHabit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my all time faves! A Butter London Collection? I'm there :)

      Delete
  3. These nude shades make my heart sing a little, I love nude polish & think they look so sophisticated! You have a lovely collection
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these shades here! I'm definitely going to need to try Porchester Square.
    You should try Essie Chinchilly!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do! I have Chinchilly too, another beauty.

      Delete
  5. Amazing post! Maybe want folow each other? If yes, just folow me and i folow you back :)

    http://smellofpeony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these are such beautiful colors! LOVE neautrals on nails!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOO Love neutrals! I would have to go with nudes though, just because greys don't tend to look good on my skin tone :(

    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Miss Hana Eyeliners [Rev + Tutorial]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how many shades I own, I always go back to nudes :)

      Delete
  8. All the nail polishes look so pretty! I wish I had more neutrals in my collection.

    http://www.evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of em. My favourite one is from essie and dior <3 I love your blog especially the photos. You deserve more views keep on blogging. Also, please check out my blog http://kimaitabar.blogspot.co.nz/. Thanks in advance x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations