The Nail File #32: At Home Mani Menu

Thursday, 6 February 2014























It's Thursday which means it's almost Friday so it's practically the weekend!  As part of my pre-weekend prep I need to sort out my nails!  My at home mani routine is ├╝ber quick and simple...

Firstly I take off old colour, a remover that makes it less of a chore (even for glitter polish!) is the Bourjois 1 Second Magic Nail Polish Remover.  

Then I cut and file my nails with my Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File.  Yes, it is a bit more expensive for a glass file but worth the investment as it doesn't go blunt and the glass is easier on the tips and therefore better for your nails, making them less prone to splitting and breakage.  

Next I apply the Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover Gel leave it for a few minutes and once my cuticles are suitably softened I push them back gently with an orange wood stick.

I always without fail use a base coat.  It helps the polish adhere to the nail and prevents bold colours from staining.  Strengthening OPI Nail Envy is currently top choice in my nail care kit.  A thin layer and then we are good to go onto colour.

After the glitters, shimmers and reds of the festive season I've been returning to my neutral loving ways and enjoying wearing more subtly hued shades.  Butter London Cuppa is a creamy nude that I've been loving lacquering up with recently.

To give a glass-like shine finish and help prevent my new paint job chipping I finish with a top coat. I've tried lots but always return to Seche Vite a layer of this ensures that my manicure stays looking good until I repeat the process.

Finally, cuticle oil I massage a generous amount of Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Cuticle Oil into the base around the cuticles.

So that's it my manicure medley!  I really want to try the Dior Gel Top Coat next!  Have any of you tried it?

6 comments :

  1. I really need to get Seche Vite, I don't have a topcoat and it drives me mad when my nails chip so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is running out and I actually panicked that I wouldn't have a topcoat!!!

      Delete
  2. That nail color is a must for me to add to my collection it is so nice I am really loving nudes right now. where can i buy that from ??

    much love, lynsey x

    www.lynseyshepherd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy mine from Harvey Nichols but you can also find them online :)

      Delete
  3. I bought my mum the glass nail file for masochists and she swears by it, she's even bought them for her friends as birthday presents :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations