The Makup #37: A Wash of Colour

Monday, 3 February 2014























You will all know that I'm not much of an eye shadow wearer, lipsticks are much more my thing but eye shadow I can take or leave!  And more often than not I do leave, the house with nothing more than lashings of mascara and a generous amount of bag banishing concealer for eye makeup!  Which is why I love these ease of eye shadows in stick form.  Crayons for grown ups if you will!  Two that get the most use are:  

Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in 07 Moon River - The consistency is unusual, wet-like and very creamy it glides on effortlessly.  With its twist up pencil, this is perfect for an easy to swipe on pretty polished look. A shimmering champagne shade, swept over the lid and blended out, this gives a beautiful wash of colour.  I find that it doesn't crease but does disappear from the lid after a few hours.

Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in 03 Fuller Fudge - a warm bronze/coppery shade this is a gorgeous colour.  Long wearing without primer, I get a good solid five hours before this begins to fade.  Opaque but blendable this is beautiful worn all over the lid or smudged around the lash line.

I'm such a novice when it comes to eye makeup which is why I love these creamy mistake proof formulas.  I think the By Terry Ombre Black Star pencils are next on my list!  Have any of you tried them?

10 comments :

  1. I'd definitely recommend the laura mercier caviar sticks, plum is a gorgeous purple-y brown shade!

    http://whaticallbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like a lovely shade, will have to check them out! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! So happy I've just found you're blog, I'm now following :)

    http://lookbranche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ I second that! By Terry are amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't tell me that, they have been on my wish list for ages :)

      Delete
  4. Great products! Nice post and blog you have! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations