The Edit #31: The Cold Face

Sunday, 9 February 2014























So I'm ill.  Not sick sick but full of cold, feeling like death and believe me, looking like it too!  I still have to go into work (I'm like a modern day Joan of Arc, soldiering on in the face of cold-based adversity...) and don't want to scare anyone in the process so here's what I reach for...

I've been slathering on hydrating face masks to try and do something about the dullness and lack of radiance but to take the grey pallor away I've been using the DiorSkin Nude BB Creme (any excuse to mention it again! I jest, I jest!)  Covering yet glow giving just what I need when I'm looking rough not looking my best.

To banish bags, disguise puffiness around my eyes and redness around my nose I've been reaching for the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.  Yes, I have it all and it ain't pretty.  This concealer is creamy enough to use around the delicate eye area yet hardy enough to withstand frequent nose blowing - nice!

Is it just me but when I have a cold even my lips seem to get drier than usual!  Serious swiping on of my trusty By Terry Baume de Rose lip balm occurs and for when the sore flaky patches around my nose get really bad, it's time for the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream.  This tends to dry bits like no other!

Throughout day while having a pity-party for myself, I stock up on vitamins and nice soft tissues none of this kitchen roll business...

Finally a little tip, you know the phrase/old wives tale "feed a cold" I find that to be particularly true and online shopping from the (dis)comfort of my sick bed seems to cure all ails...

6 comments :

  1. I currently have a chest infection and sinusitis, this post couldn't have been posted at a better time! I hope you feel better soon sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your post!

    get well soon
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Hope you feel better soon!

    http://www.evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations