The Skincare #42: Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50

Sunday, 19 January 2014

























I'm skincare obsessed but I have a confession to make.  Kind of like drinking more water, using body lotion regularly and resisting the urge to over pluck my eyebrows, wearing SPF is something I know I should be doing year round and not just when the sun decides to make a rare appearance but it's something I often neglect to do, relying on the SPF in my makeup.  

I previously shirked away from sunscreens thinking of thick, greasy, white cast imparting creams that would be a recipe for disaster for my combination/oily skin. That all changed with a read of this post by skincare guru Caroline Hirons and a subsequent trip to my happy place Space NK which saw the purchase of Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily Defense SPF 50.  

Oily skinned gals, listen up!  This is oil free and though perhaps slightly richer than others, this does exactly what it says on the erm box! Offering broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection, it feels light and has tack free texture.  With none of the usual greasiness this lightweight cream is easily absorbed, sinks in and blends in beautifully which means that it and works well as a base for makeup.  

Okay so it's January and currently raining heavily but this now part of my morning routine and I know which sunscreen I'll be slathering on when the sun does decide to make an appearance!

7 comments :

  1. This sounds great, I've heard it works great under make up :)

    Tiny Alis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to pop an SPF on under my makeup & tend to reach for my No7 SPF 50 but it just doesn't tick all the boxes for me. This Kiehl's one sounds really good & light. I might have to treat myself to this.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently tried a few things from Kiehl's and I must admit I'm loving their brand! I also don't wear SPF daily in my moisturiser although my foundation has a low SPF so I guess it's not that bad. This product sounds amazing though, especially because I'm of the oily skin persuasion!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fan of Kiehl's here. I got a sample of this SPF - it is great! I'll definitely get a full size soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations