The Skincare #41: Serum Substitutes

Wednesday, 8 January 2014





























The festive period has had an detrimental effect on my skin.  Gone are the days of lounging in my PJs for the afternoon, thinking that leftovers, M&S party food and chocolate constitute an acceptable meal and getting up no earlier than 10am!  To get my skincare routine back on track, I've been found the perfect duo to give my skin a much needed boost.  

With my skin on the oily side of combination, I would have balked at the idea of using serums a year ago, thinking that they would make my acne prone skin worse but I've seen the error of my ways and have been happily slathering on serums ever since.  Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair II is one such serum that I can't imagine not having in my stash.  This stuff is bloomin' amazing.  It helps take down redness, has vastly improved the texture of my skin and I feel that it keeps any lurking blemishes at bay and those that do pop up heal faster.  I use this at night, after cleansing and toning I apply a generous layer from my neck upwards and wake up to more radiant skin.  The consistency is light so it is easily absorbed, if you have dry skin I think this would work well under makeup too for a more dewy finish.  For dark spots and old acne scars, I've been turning to the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution.  This water like serum has been helping to lighten the dark spot of pigmentation left from old acne scarring, has drastically reduced redness and works to keep my skin looking clear - more glowy than ghastly.

That's skincare sorted, just to tackle the rest of me!  Now where did I put my gym clothes?

10 comments :

  1. Great products I need to look into, have you tried the khiels midnight recovery? heard that's amazing as well.

    Hanh x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, I love Kiehl's products but have to say the ANR works better for me :)

      Delete
  2. I agree, I can't imagine not having the ANR in my skincare arsenal. It is so good at perking up my skin and making it look rested & quite glowy. Well worth the price tag
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would have never thought of using serums for my oily-combo skin! Thanks for the tip :D

    Sarah xo
    Beauty With Brushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been the same! Maybe even try and pick up some samples :)

      Delete
  4. Our skin's in need of some TLC with the hot Australian weather! We'll have to try these serums out, and see if we can get that gorgeous glow you're raving about! Great review

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely look into oils or serums so! Thanks for having a read :)

      Delete
  5. Really i havn't even thought of using Serum, but your article boost me. And am gonna try this and see, how it works?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations