The Shopping #24: A Spot of Shopping...

Thursday, 16 January 2014

You know how it goes, you pop into Boots just for one thing - one minute you're innocently perusing the aisles, the next you're leaving with a few extras to the cotton wool you originally went in for...  Last weekend was no exception.

The first thing I picked up was the L'Oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution.  I usually stock up on my beloved Bioderma when my family are in France but I have completely run out so thought I'd give this a go as I've read lots of rave reviews.  As a makeup remover, it works like a dream.  I'm really impressed.  I soak a cotton pad with this for my face and one for eye makeup and it dissolves it completely.  As I've acne prone skin, I always worry that new products may break me out but so far so good with this.  Not too drying nor too greasy.  It has a really light water like consistency so doesn't leave a oily film on my skin.  Could Bioderma be a thing of the past?

It would seem that I'm physically unable to be anywhere near an Essie stand without making a purchase.  The nail polish stockpiling continues!  It goes without saying how much I love their polishes and the neutral colour of Essie Master Plan is right up my street.  Similar in tone to Chinchilly but lighter.  Being the nude nail lover that I am, I'm surprised I haven't picked up this taupe creme shade sooner.  After the glitters, shimmers and reds of last month, I can't wait to get back to my neutral nail wearing ways!

6 comments :

  1. We've heard that this Loreal solution is a great dupe for Bioderma, but we've never tried it out for ourselves. We'd love an in depth review on this loreal solution!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also found going into Boots when you've had a bad day is not advisable as my recent trip extended beyond the cotton pads I wanted and a mini haul which you'll be seeing very soon!!

    I'm a big fan of the L'Oreal Micellar water and it's one of my repurchased products.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh can't wait for your haul! It's fab isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Hey! I love this post it's so inspirational ! i'm just starting out blogging and would love for you to take a look!
    fashionandfiona.blogspot.co.uk/
    Much Love
    Fiona xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do of course! Thanks for having a read!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations