The Makeup #36: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

Wednesday, 22 January 2014
























Today's post is on the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder.  I know I'm a bit late to the party here but *squeezes onto bandwagon* I've rekindled my love for this recently.  Not that my love for it ever faded but the poor thing was languishing unused at the back of my makeup stash while I favoured a matte look and the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder and I had a thing...

Being an oily skinned gal, powders are vital step in my makeup routine.  I'm always on the search for a elusive finishing powder to set my makeup without a hint of heaviness.  The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder does just that.  I settled for the shade Diffused Light which is a soft warm pale yellow powder.  This complexion correcting powder has such a finely milled formula that it never looks cakey. Highlighting in all the right places without looking shimmery.  I sweep a light dusting of this sheer glow giving powder all over my face with my MAC 150 brush and it takes down redness, shine and sets my foundation while providing a subtle flawless finish.

At £38 from Space NK, not the cheapest option but for me this is most definitely a stash staple.  I wish it wasn't, it would appear I'm enjoying using this a bit too much - I've been eyeing up the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette next...

6 comments :

  1. I'm still dithering over whether I need this - I'm trying to resist! I do love the Chanel powder but use it as a bronzer xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful though! Love the Chanel one too :)

      Delete
  2. I brought the palette a few months ago and then just staring at it as I too was in love with my Chanel Les Beiges and other products but since using I've completely understood why everyone raves about the lighting powders.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous that you have the palette :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds AMAZING! I really want to try it out. *fingers crossed they have my shade*
    I love a good powder for my oily skin too.

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know at first with the hype shades were sold out but I'm sure you'll pick it up now :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations