The Lips #22: A Plum Pairing

Tuesday, 14 January 2014




















You all know, I'm a neutral lover at heart but from time to time I have been known to go crazy, throw caution to the wind and actually wear a bold lip.  As opposed to you know, just looking at my collection of bright lipsticks wistfully...  This Winter I've been enjoying wearing (sometimes even outside) deep berry plum shades. 

Two of my go-to picks are from MAC Rebel and Plumful.  The least scary option to ease into dark vampy territory is Plumful is a gorgeous pink toned plum. A lustre finish so it can be worn as a sheer wash of colour or built up.  As it's a lustre finish I get 3/4 hours before I need to reapply but it applies smoothly and fades nice and evenly throughout the day.  Extremely wearable I think this would suit most skin tones.

The braver bolder option is Rebel.  A dark wine berry shade that looks kinda scary in the bullet but this is beautiful.   It has a creamy texture and a satin finish, it is very pigmented.  I find that I need to use a lip liner with this one and I've been pairing it with a MAC lip liner in Currant. One swipe for opaque colour.  This also works well blotted on as a stain for day-time.

Two berry beautiful options!  Are you a bold or nude lip kinda gal?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations