The Edit #36: Current Candles

Tuesday, 28 January 2014























Another day, another drivel about candles!  You're either a candle person or you're not.  I'm most definitely the former.  For me, candles are essential throughout Autumn/Winter - conjuring up thoughts of cosy nights in by the fire and Christmas but I love to burn them year round too and today I bring you the most recently stockpiled selection...

The New In - While I generally prefer more woody, musky burners, with rich notes of vanilla, rum and bergamot the Malin & Goetz Dark Rum candle smells incredible and warms up any room.  I think this is the perfect candle to burn when you want to relax.

The Spring Scent - I love Diptyque candles as they burn cleanly and evenly and have great throw. Diptyque Baies Candle with roses and blackcurrant leaves, smells fresh and sweet but not too sickly.  One to have lighting in the office perhaps.  

My Number OneDiptyque Figuier is all kinds of fig-scented amazing!  My all-time favourite candle. Fresh yet warm and inviting.  Even when snuffed out, it emits a room filling scent like no other.  A little luxury!  One day I will own the large five wick version!

12 comments :

  1. I love candles! Definitely going to try to get my hands on these! You have a lovely blog! xx Tara

    thedaintyduckling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I go into Space NK I have a good sniff of Figuier, I really need to buy it one of these days! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I started too, even pick up the smallest one first? :)

      Delete
  3. I love a good candle (Yankee candles are probably my favourite)! I'd love to pick up a Diptyque candle (or two)..! Great post, just followed! x

    Rachael | www.overdosedemaquillage.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try Yankee candles, on my wishlist :)

      Delete
  4. Great post! I've never tried diptyque candles but i hope to soon!

    http://www.evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive never bought diptyque candles but everyones raves about them, and they smell and look amazing!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have candles burning in my room, but have yet to dry Diptyque. If you had to choose one scent to recommend to a newbie, which one would it be?

    xx Alyson
    Hope you can follow me at Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations