The Edit #34: Beauty Resolutions 2014

Saturday, 4 January 2014

In 2013 I started taking fish oil tablets daily, banished face wipes from by beauty stash and finally accepted that the Clarisonic and I would never work out!  I hope to keep up the momentum and 2014 is the year in which beauty wise I resolve to:

  1. Drink more water!  I am terrible, I never manage to drink enough water throughout the day. Coffee, I'm all over and the occasional glass of red at the weekend but water, not so much.  This will change in 2014. 
  2. Put down the tweezers!  I'm naturally very fair so need help defining and filling in my brows as it is yet I can't seem to leave them alone.  I'll be seeking redemption from my poor over plucked brows in the new year!
  3. Buy less but buy better!  I've realised that owning a few good quality products that I love and use religiously is preferable than owning 432431 that I rarely turn to and that maybe, just maybe I can leave Boots with just the one item I went in for! 
  4. Stop neglecting my cuticles.  It is purely laziness but tending to my cuticles is such a tedious job that I sometimes skip it entirely...  I know, I know bad beauty blogger!
  5. Use body lotion after every bath/shower.  Excuses excuses but in the mornings I'm rushing and don't have time to wait for cream to sink in before I get dressed and in the evenings I just want to put on my PJs and get into bed.  I need to address this this year.

This post was supposed to be on my beauty resolutions for 2014 and has kind of turned into a confessions of a bad beauty blogger oops!  What are your beauty resolutions for the coming year?

19 comments :

  1. Think we can all abide by these resolutions! I'm also going to have a clear out of all my makeup and skincare stash, make way for some new products :)

    hanh x

    H A N H A B E L L E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem with having a clear out there's an excuse to buy more :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely aspirations! Insuggest getting the Vaseline spray and go moisturisers. They make it much less of a hassle. Literally done in under a minute!

    Kelly | secondhandspring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I used to love them but then got THAT lazy that even they were forgotten about... :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm dreadful with my cuticles too. When I had acrylic nails taken off I swore I'd be looking after my hand/nails but it doesn't always work according to plan! I have managed to become better with body lotion's tho.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's those little things that we often neglect :)

      Delete
  4. My beauty resolution is to stop buying unnecessary items! In the past year I've purchased crazy amounts of makeup that I do not need and it needs to stop. Love your resolutions:)
    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I don't know if I could do that one myself, I should but... :)

      Delete
  5. Great goals! I need to take better care of my cuticles too. I have the lemony flutter cuticle cream from lush.. I just need to use it more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing about that! I must make a trip to Lush :)

      Delete
  6. these are great resolution! I am never able to keep to mine lol I have recently found you blog and I'm glad that I did. I'm your newest follower and really look forward to more posts from you. If you like, please check out my blog as well at www.ourlondonwardrobe.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see in a few weeks if I'm still sticking to them! Of course, will check it out now :)

      Delete
  7. Love you blog design! Hope you keep up with your resolutions :)

    Mon Petit Billet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to be working on drinking more water too!! My skin looks and feels so much better when I do! I'm putting down the Diet Coke and hydrating better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck! I need to do that with the coffee :)

      Delete
  9. Ah the water thing. I keep telling myself every year that I need to hydrate more cause I'm probably walking around every day 90% dehydrated! I drink way too much milk and Starbucks :D Another thing, may I ask what the grey and white marble looking tool is? I hope it's not too bad that I don't quite know what that is...xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations