The Makeup #34: That Chanel Palette

Tuesday, 31 December 2013




















If you've ready LLA for awhile now you'll know that I'm not one to sport eye shadow regularly (you'll also know that I talk about my dog an unhealthy amount, that I am addicted to coffee and have never met a neutral nail polish shade that I didn't like) but mostly that with the exception of mascara and concealer, I'm not a huge eye makeup kinda gal.

Which is why I have no excuse as to how this purchase came about but the Ombres Matelassées de CHANEL Eyeshadow Palette in Charming is absolutely stunning. It makes me want to be a better person eye shadow wearer. I couldn't wait to get home and pick up the neglected MAC 217s and use this. Which is my excuse for the fact that it was used before being photographed - beauty blogging fail! As you would expect from Chanel, the packaging is beautiful and it comes complete with a handy large mirror.  Palettes are definitely having a moment right now throughout all of the Christmas collections. I love that they are so easy to use, you already know that the shades will work well together. This one had my name all over it, neutral mostly matte shades with a touch of iridescence that are right up my street.  

The darkened brown shade blended through the crease with the golden brown all over the lid will be my subtle smokey eye look for tonight.  If it wasn't completely sold out the Bobbi Brown Warm Smokey Eye palette would be mine now too!  I think I'm losing the run of myself here, I'll be a fully fledged eye shadow wearer yet!

12 comments :

  1. I love everything about this palette except the price. The shades are stunning, the packaging lovely and sleek... I might just need to make an exception for the price in January :O). Happy New Year :o)! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I had a little cry at the till point! Happy New Year :)

      Delete
  2. This palette is so pretty! I would love to buy it! Happy New Year by the way!

    http://evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so pretty! I would love to own this palette. Every shade looks stunning
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning palette, though I don't expect anything less from Chanel :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, I want this in my life right now. Great review!

    Happy New Year!

    New fan, Daniela - www.ohellabella.blogspot.co.uk
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful product! Such perfect colours.

    Love your blog too :) You have a new follower x

    www.beautyandlifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect for a neutral palette! Thanks for having a read :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations