The Makeup #32: Seasonal Staples

Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Before things get completely festive round these parts and with giddy excitement I turn my attention to shimmery glow givers and glittery nails, I thought I would bring you the beauty stash staples I've been loving so far for Autumn/Winter. 

For base I've rekindled my love for the Chantecaille Just Skin Anti Smog Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15. One for those who favour dewy skin or those with drier complexions!  During the Summer when my skin is oilier, I prefer something that offers more of a matte finish but for the colder months, I luurve this. Enough coverage paired with a skin-like glow giving finish.  

I couldn't compile an Autumn/Winter Edit without a berry lip. *Squeezes onto bandwagon*  MAC Rebel has gotten the most wear recently.  Being a neutral lover at heart, for day-time I prefer to blot on bold lip and wear it as a stain. Occasionally being brave an swiping it on directly from the bullet.  A vampy shade that sits just on the wearable right side of purple.

Reaching for the more burnished tones in my stash, for cheeks I've been swapping my peachy/pinks for deeper hues and loving it.  MAC A Breath of Plum and Laura Mercier Plum Radiance have been in heavy rotation.  Both blend out beautifully - see nothing to be scared of here!

Finally, the simplest way to ease into more Autumn appropriate colours is with nails!  The pastel hues of Summer are long gone and Essie Twin Sweater Set is my current favourite.  I've been lacquering up with this for weeks now.  How cute is that name? This is a gorgeous warm crimson/brown/red shade. 

I'm ready for the Christmas glitter, all things burnished, berry and burgundy are well and truly covered!  

8 comments :

  1. Love the MAC lippy im just very obessesed with plum lip colors theyre so gorg!! great post lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try MAC's Rebel, it looks like a gorgeous lipstick. x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you talked about! I really want that lipstick! It looks so nice!

    http://www.evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations