The Nail File #28: Essie Midnight Cami

Monday, 11 November 2013

This week's Monday Mani is courtesy of Essie Midnight Cami.  I've been rekindling my love for this, while trying to take my mind off the much hyped, thus impossible to find Essie After School Boy Blazer.  The hunt/stalk of my local Boots for that one continues...

In the mean-time I have been enjoying wearing an old favourite.  Midnight Cami is a gorgeous deep blue shade packed with shimmer.  I love black polishes but can find that they look too harsh on me.  This looks almost like a blackened navy in some lights which is much more flattering on my pale skin.  As to be expected with Essie polishes, application is good.  I'm currently on day five and there are no signs of tip wear despite my clattering away on the keyboard in work.  As with most dark colours, staining could be an issue but once you use a base coat, it's fine. 

Expect to see Essie Twin Sweater Set popping up in a Monday Mani post soon.  What, you didn't expect me to miss out on this Autumn's range completely did you?

18 comments :

  1. Another great shades from Essie, it's a shame that on my nails they only last 2 days or so before they start to chip :/. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's so annoying, maybe if you tried them with a different base or top coat? :)

      Delete
  2. Love the colour, I think I prefer it to after school boy blazer!

    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I finally have After School Boy Blazer, I think it wins for me by just a smidge :)

      Delete
  3. That is gorgeous colour. They still have After school blazer on beautytbay.com
    http://www.beautybay.com/christmas/essie/afterschoolboyblazer/
    I'm not enabling or anything now ;-) I swear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no enable away! I finally tracked it down in Boots :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous colour! I have one similar but I can't remember what its called! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love , looooove the colour!Great result!! xx
    Vasiliki, tell-a-beauty-story.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely shade! I just love navy blues! have you tried motcomb street by nails inc?

    new follower! ^^

    Zara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I haven't, I love Nails Inc. polishes must

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty colour! It looks so nice and I really want to check it out!

    http://www.evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab shade! Like you I've been searching for After School Boy Blazer for ages but I just can't get it! At the moment I'm wearing OPI Russian Navy which I think could be quite similar - its a really pretty shimmering navy blue! xx

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I used to love that shade but find it really hard to pick up OPI polishes now :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations