The Makeup #29: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder

Friday, 8 November 2013

Not being one to rush into things, today months after its arrival on Irish shores, I bring you a post on the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder.  I finally own the lightest shade #10.  I can't think of another launch quite like it.  This received rave reviews, sold out everywhere with waiting lists for its restock.  Then it began to haunt my dreams, those reviews taunted me and I began hopelessly checking with each Chanel counter in Dublin daily for my shade.  Honestly the counter girls knew me, they'd see me coming and shake their heads pitifully not today Michelle, not today.  Then one day, they had it in stock and it was glorious!

Okay, enough with the dramatics but you get the idea.  There was an almost frenzied hype surrounding this and thankfully it's worth it!  First of all, can we take a moment to acknowledge how pretty the packaging is.  The large mirror means that this is perfect for carrying around for touch ups on the go.  While I love my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, as my skin is on the oilier side, this suits it more for setting and keeping things matte while still managing to look glowy and more importantly without ever looking cakey.

Pricey at £38/€48 but this is definitely a firm staple in my stash.  Can you really put a price on luminous skin?

8 comments :

  1. I'm absolutely in love with this product!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really cant put a price on luminous skin! I completely agree! This looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I told myself to justify the purchase :)

      Delete
  3. I love this as a setting powder and its definitely great for touch ups xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it and the large mirror is great too :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds gorgeous & I just adore that white packaging. So luxurious
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it and the large mirror comes in handy too :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations