The Skincare #35: Moisturising Must Haves

Friday, 18 October 2013

Like tending to my cuticles and applying highlighter, using a body lotion is something I often forget to do.  Especially in Winter, it's cold you want to get out of the shower and get dressed straight away. Who has time before work to be faffing around waiting for cream to sink in and besides I'm going to be wrapped up and sporting Penneys/Primark's Cosy Tights for the next few months...

That's how it usually goes!  To save my mild panic come Spring at the prospect of baring neglected pasty skin, I'm trying to moisturise religiously now.  First in line to help me banish dry skin is Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser in Coconut Radiant this is really light so is quickly absorbed into the skin. Not the most heavy duty of picks but the perfect option for time restricted post shower, pre-work moisturising.  I'm not too keen on the scent but it doesn't linger on my skin.

When I need something richer with more oomph, I've been slathering on the Laura Mercier Fresh Fig Soufleé Body Creme.  You all know how much I love fig scents and this smells truly amazing.  As it's a rich body cream, it provides hefty dose of nourishment.  I use this in the evenings, apply a generous layer, pop on my PJs and slide on into bed.  This leaves my skin feeling super soft until I repeat the process.

Dry skin be gone!  Coconut oil is next on my list.  Anyone tried it?

13 comments :

  1. we love trying new moisturisers, and the idea of a spray on one sounds cool!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for when you're in a rush or erm just lazy :)

      Delete
  2. I also love Laura Mercier's body cream!! I have the tarte citron limited edition and its just great!

    http://sofiamadeachoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the vaseline sounds delish :-)
    x x

    amycarysdeverson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love LM skincare, the smell is just divine too. Coconut Oil is fab on dry skin, its my skin saviour and I suffer badly from dry skin/patches.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it! I really want to try coconut oil now :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried soufflé body cream before, but I love Laura Mercier and I love figs! Her moisturizing foundation is incredible.

    I've never used coconut oil either, but I've read loads of blog posts about how it's basically magic. Plus, it's probably way more affordable than most beauty products! Let us know what you think when you try it :)

    http://oddlylovley.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think I'm gonna try the spray on moisturiser. Great post x
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try the Vaseline spray & go now :) thanks for sharing

    www.meemmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations