The Makeup #27: MAC A Breath of Plum

Saturday, 12 October 2013

While swatching some shades in MAC the other day (a legit afternoon activity fo' sho') I decided I needed a more Autumnal blush.  As much as I love, love, luurve MAC Melba and Laura Mercier Lush Nectarine, I wanted something a bit different to wear now that the weather has gotten cooler and I'm a lot paler.  I asked the Makeup Artist for her recommendation and she grabbed a MAC Sheertone Blush in A Breath of Plum.

The shade is a million miles away from the usual peachy tones I go for and not something I would gravitate towards but being a Sheertone formulation, so on the sheer side, with shimmer-free, buildable colourm this actually works well with my pale skin for an every day natural blush.  I apply this with a Topshop Blush Brush to the apples of my cheeks for a healthy glow.  If you are super pale you could probably use this for a bit of contouring.  Barbara from The Persian Babe on YouTube also featured this in a recent video so it definitely works with darker skin tones too.

Autumn/Winter makeup?  Any excuse to shop!  I'm thinking of pairing it with MAC Plumful lipstick, too matchy matchy?

18 comments :

  1. This looks gorgeous, I'm tempted to treat myself!
    xo
    The Shelley Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not something I'd normally go for but I love it :)

      Delete
  2. Not too matchy matchy at all, pairing a lip with the same blush is awesome!

    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour :-) Love it

    http://tinks071296.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blush looks absoloutley gorgeous! I love blushes, about a month ago i didn't have any, and when i started to build my collection i've become obessed with them!

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so pretty!

    http://www.evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks perfect! I have a similar one, but maybe a notch or two darker. I love the look of this one more so maybe I'll check this out next time I'm at the counter. I think it'd look amazing with Plumful!

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh what one do you have? Sounds lovely :)

      Delete
  7. New MAC makeup sends shivers down my spine! I love their products so much and really am never disappointed - save for their mascaras ;)

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I agree on the mascaras although Zoom Lash always gets rave reviews :)

      Delete
  8. oh, wow. such a perfect shade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy this make up of Mac, the blush is amazing. My favourite colour is peach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations