The Haircare #8: Taming The Tresses

Thursday, 3 October 2013
























I was never fussy when it came to heat-protector, happy to use whatever was to hand, on offer in Boots or sometimes go without as my low maintenance mop (read lazy) doesn't feel much heat these days.  Typical, my shower is jam-packed with half used shampoo/conditioner but heat protector? Oops.

For times when I do want to give my hair a good blast of the hairdryer, I've been border-line addicted to K√©rastase Ciment Thermique Heat Activated Reconstructing Milk.  This smells gorgeous, fresh and fruity?!  I apply this to the mid-lengths through to the ends of my hair after conditioning and comb through.  The light almost gel-like consistency means that it doesn't way my hair down or make it feel greasy.  While my hair isn't in too bad shape, I do have it coloured regularly.  Heat activated, it works to add moisture and repair dry weak hair and prevent further damage.  

I'm not entirely convinced that these kind of products can repair damaged hair, perhaps the only thing that helps is cutting damaged ends off but as I mentioned this smells fab, adds a touch of TLC and helps tames my tresses.  Plus, it makes me feel less guilty about whacking out my straighteners which can only be a good thing right?

12 comments :

  1. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, you should check out "it's a 10". I actually just suggested it to another blogger, so obviously I think it's pretty great! My sis-in-law is a hair stylist and recommended I use it and I'm so glad I gave it a try! It does 10 different things, but I mainly bought it because it's a de-tangler as well as protects your hair from heat styling tools. If you're interested here is the link ;)

    http://itsa10haircare.com/miracle-collection/#4601

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this, I've actually heard so many good things about it but have never known where to pick it up before :)

      Delete
  2. I really like Keraste products x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post-- I've never used a heat protectant which is pretty bad because I curl my hair every so often. Oops!

    biffsquiggled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if you use heat stylers I'd definitely recommend one :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard so much about this product, I really must try it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, We love your blog! We both have a background in hair dressing, if you are looking for something really good for your hair I (Sarah) would recommend the Redken range.... give it a go? If you get a second check out our blog at http://merakidublin.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to buy this product soon xxx

    http://rosiebernice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations