The Skincare #33: The Serum Selection

Tuesday, 24 September 2013



















Yes, more skincare.  I know, I know!  But while I'm quite the lipstick stockpiler and have a penchant for a nude nail, my heart lies with skincare!  Being 30 and still having quite combination/oily skin will do that to a girl (ahem)  For all future birthdays, I shall be accepting cake and retinol as gifts ;)  For now though, when it comes to my skincare stash, the spotlight is firmly on serums.  

While my t-zone is most definitely combination/oily, my cheeks can be quite dry so for day-time on particularly parched days, I've been using Hydraluron post-toner, pre-moisturiser.  This beauty buff and blogger favourite is super light weight and doesn't feel greasy on the skin in the slightest.  Another day-time pick that sits well under makeup while keeping dry patches in check is the Caudalie Vinosource SOS Skin Quenching Serum. This has been a permanent fixture in my skincare stash for over a year now.  I slather this on to sort out any dehydrated areas.  

For night-time as I eek out the last of my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair (sad times!) I have been using Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution.  This feels more like a gel/oil hybrid and is easily absorbed.  It's early days so I can't tell if it has yet "corrected" my skin-tone but it is a joy to use. One that is not only a joy to use but truly works is the latest addition to my serum staples, Skinesis Skin Tone Perfecting Booster from Sarah Chapman London.  This feels luxurious and incredible on the skin and leaves it looking plump and feeling impeccably soft.

With skin-care it can be so difficult to tell which one is giving the best results but these are the serums I currently have in rotation.  And none of them break me out - bonus!

10 comments :

  1. I love skincare posts!! :D Great reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore hydraluron! It works wonderfully on my skin. I tried the SOS serum and I found it made my face itchy as its very scented, glad it works for you though! :)

    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great isn't it! Ah no, that's a shame as it's so good :)

      Delete
  3. I also like the Caudalie SOS sérum but only for the day, since it is not that hydrating! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Caudalie serum is just divine. I really need to get my hands on Hydraluron x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good skincare product, think I am addicted! I am really into Kiehl's at the moment, their ultra facial cream is lovely.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm obsessed :) Oh the Kiehls one sounds lovely!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations