The Makeup #25: Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation

Wednesday, 18 September 2013























As much as I love, love, luurve my Diorskin Nude BB Cream for everyday wear, I wanted to pick up something a little more heavy duty for when I started my new job.  As wonderful as the Dior is, I worried for it withstanding 12 hour days, humid weather, my oily skin and broken air-con!  And so I found myself purchasing the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation. Thankfully, I haven't had to do any crazy over-time so I can't vouch for it lasting 24 hours but I apply it around 6.00am and it doesn't look too shabby when I arrive home at 6.00pm. 

Longevity is there and would describe this as being buildable with medium to full coverage.  It blends easily and the finish is matte without caking.  The closest thing I could compare this to is Estee Lauder Double Wear for the coverage and lasting power but I think that this leaves skin looking more natural and not overly made up.  This smells really nice too.  The only thing I would mark this down on is the packaging, a heavy glass bottle is not ideal for travel.


Virtually flawless makeup, one for the combination/oily skinned among us.  €36 from Lancôme counters.  Next on my to try list is the D&G Perfect Matte Liquid, let me know if you've tried it?

8 comments :

  1. I received a sample from this foundation. Even though it was slightly too dark (there was a lighter shade, but of course I always pick too dark) the foundation itself was very nice. I was able to blend it and the coulour wasn't even that noticeable. I really like this foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, wish I'd found it sooner :)

      Delete
  2. I have wanted to try this product! Maybe ill have to go check it out ;) Great post!

    StyleCoutureBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even see if you can get a sample? Thanks for having a read :)

      Delete
  3. Great post!
    This is my favourite foundation ever, it blends so flawlessly and it is just amazing.

    Jodie x
    www.retrococktail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for reading! I wish I'd found it sooner :)

      Delete
  4. I also have pretty oily skin and I love this! Even the smell is nice and it feels really lovely and velvety on my skin. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it without being too matte :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations