The Makeup #24: The Makeup Mix

Wednesday, 11 September 2013








I had a little clear out of the makeup bag.  Today I give you the parred down (yes, this is whittled down) products that I have been wearing to work.

The Base - Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H  I wanted something with medium coverage that was long lasting without looking dry or cakey.  So far this is it.  Thankfully, I haven't had to do any crazy over-time so I can't vouch for it lasting 24 hours but I apply this at about 6.00am and it doesn't look too bad when I arrive home almost 12 hours later.

The Setter - Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder just to be sure, I've been topping my foundation with a dusting of this.  I started a new job, during the middle of a heat wave, were the air-con wasn't working.  I needed all the help I could get!  I think I prefer MAC Blot Powder but this is a great cheaper option.

The Concealer - NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer for getting rid for red patches or saying goodbye to bags, I have been loving this for the last couple of weeks. This gives the right amount of coverage with impressive staying power.

The Brows - no your eyes are not deceiving you, that is an eye shadow pictured!  MAC Eye Shadow in Omega that I've been using to fill in my brows!  My beloved Tom Ford Brow Sculptor is about to offer its last stroke so I've been rediscovering an old favourite.  

The Lips - speaking of old favourites, for lips I have been swiping on the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector in 01 Rose Shimmer.  For natural looking lips with a moisturising hint of colour and sheen ideal for work wear.

The Mascara - finally several coats of mascara and I'm set.  Currently I'm trying out the DJV Beautenizer Volume Lash Mascara which I bought from Cult Beauty.  I really like this but weirdly and I don't know if it's just me but it feels heavy to wear...

Ah that's much better, makeup and organising - possibly two of my favourite things!

15 comments :

  1. The Rimmel powder is great, and you don't need a lot of it either :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Lancôme Teint Idole 24hour! I've been using Omega for my brows for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, I love the sound of the lip perfecter Ive not tried any clarins ones before.

    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Say what? You're missing out, seriously good :)

      Delete
  4. i need to invest in the nars creamy concealer everyone keeps writing positive things about it xx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's out of stock almost everywhere, crazy! :)

      Delete
  5. I agree I love the Rimmel Powder so much!

    btw, Im a new follower I really love your blog, could you maybe check mine out? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! you've got a beautiful blog!
    would you love to follow each other? :)
    let me know on my blog!
    xoxo
    Cecilia
    http://smilesavenue.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! I have the rimmel powder somehow looks really cakey on my face. I use M.A.C! Would appreciate if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think. We can follow each other on GFC too if you like :)



    www.hixvoltage.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am dying to try the radiant creamy concealer, heard nothin but good things! Could you please tell me what brush that is? I've been searching for the perfect soft fluffy blush brush and that one looks like a contender!
    Thanks!
    Holly xo

    hollslucy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you find one, this is from Ecotools in Boots :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations