The Makeup #22: Le Blush Crème de Chanel in Présage

Saturday, 7 September 2013

I'm a sucker for anything peach toned, Lisa Eldrige's post on their launch, placed it firmly on my wishlist and this post on Nouvelle Daily reminded me that it was out, so last weekend I found myself heading straight to the Chanel counter of House Of Fraser and purchasing Le Blush Crème de Chanel in Présage when I was supposed to be shopping for work clothes...

With skin that leans on the oily side, I generally prefer powder products but the texture of this is incredible!  It looks like a powder in the pan, has a really light, non greasy almost mousse like consistency.  I pat a tiny amount of this on and the creamy formula blends effortlessly for foolproof application.

There are some beautiful pink and coral offerings in the collection but for me it had to be the warm peachy/apricot hued shade, #62 Présage. As they are so light yet pigmented this lasts a long time and doesn't go patchy like I find with some cream blush products.

The only issue is the price.  Apparantly you can put a price on luminous skin - £27 or €34 for 2.5g ouch. But this is beautiful and a little goes a very long way!

18 comments :

  1. That looks gorgeous, it's such a pretty colour.

    xo

    The Shelley Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,

    I have just read all of your blog posts today and have to say how great they are! I live in Donegal and have yet to find a decent, pale and oily skinned, thick/frizzy haired, Irish beauty blogger...until today. It's so good to know where to get brands in Dublin that I wouldn't normally have a clue where to get!

    So from one Irish beauty to the next,
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha it's the cross we have to bare :) Online shopping is our friend! Thank goodness for Space NK & Cult Beauty!

      Delete
  3. I picked up one of the cream blushes (along with Les Beiges) last night and so excited! Pricey yes but I used my Boots advantage card points so they were technically free!!

    Victoria

    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm so jealous, Les Beiges will forever be the one that go away :) Thank god for Boots points!

      Delete
  4. WOW that is GORGEOUS, just the kind of shade I'm drawn to, lovely item - thanks for showing! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful post!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colour and looks like its a really nice texture. Too expensive for me but perhaps one day! :)

    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning colour, I think products like this are always worth the money when a little goes a long way. Thanks for the review!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a nice colour. I really need to invest in this to add to my little (big) make up collection

    http://vogueand-lemonade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's not a thing of beauty, then I don't know what is :)

      Delete
  9. Holy cow, that is one beautiful blush. I've never tried cream blush.
    Putting that on my wishlist straight away.
    Your blog is beautiful, I found you on Blog Lovin. Following now :)

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beaut isn't it? Thanks for having a read :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations