The Makeup #21: MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy

Sunday, 1 September 2013



Besides the lashings of mascara that you all know I love (seriously several coats and a few more for good measure!) I've never really been once for eye makeup.  I'm generally too busy trying to mask/conceal/make my skin tone look more even to be faffing around with eye shadow and liner first thing in the morning.  I'm sorry but that's just too much to ask of me before I've even had coffee!  It's 6.00am I might be up and awake but I barely have a pulse until 11.00am!

But I wanted to try something that a novice like me could work with, found myself in MAC swatching up a storm and left clutching MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy.  This is a dark chocolate brown colour with an almost reddish gold shimmer running through it.  I opted for brown as sometimes black can look too harsh on me.  As it is kohl it is very blendable and glides on easily.  I've been wearing this along my upper lash line and smudged out at the outer corners.

I think this looks beautiful, is soft and subtle enough to be day-time appropriate and is easing me into eyeliner wearing ways!  My only gripe is that it doesn't look good for long.  Perhaps it's the fact that it's a kohl formula or it's me and my oily lids but this doesn't last long on me at all unfortunately which is such a shame.

I have my (faded kohl lined) eye out for a dupe, any you can recommend? 

17 comments :

  1. Absolutely gorgeous shade - never tried the MAC pencils, but will definitely get this :O). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to try this eyeliner because everyone it's talking about it. Its such a shame it doesn't last on the lid that much (I've oily lids too). I always try brown pencils instead of black ones because I like my eyes to look more natural, but I've never found a good one that lasts all day long unfortunately :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely colour and would give a very natural look to the eyes, i want to try a MAC pencil and i will defiantly get it in this colour!
    -Linsey x
    redvelvetkiss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog! I'm your newest follower.
    Check out my blog at alicemaydear.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog! I'm your new follower. I would like to follow me back. Thanks!!

    how2befashion.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAC always have the best stuff
    x
    http://sassyc0c0.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my FAVE of all the MAC Kohls! Makes me happy just looking at it. Love your blog by the way! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous shade just wish it lasted longer on me! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  8. 'Teddy' is gorgeous but with my oily lids I have the same problem as you where it just doesn't last.

    One that I've found that is a bit similar a smidge darker/bronzey-er & does actually last on me is the Avon Supershock Gel Liner Pencil in 'Blackberry' - I don't know if you can still get them off the Avon site. But I picked up a few to stock up on off reputable eBay sellers.

    Also there's another one that's really similar from Pixi - I can't remember it's name but it's a beautiful colour & similar to Teddy. The liners themselves though are called Endless Silky Eye Pens & you can pick up a few shades from ASOS but to see them all you'd have to pop into the Pixie Boutique on Carnaby.


    I'm a new reader & I'm really enjoying your blog. I've also just *had* to pick up the Chanel Blush in 'Presage' after reading your review & I just adore it.


    - Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations