The Nail File #25: Top 3 Chanel Nail Polishes

Wednesday, 28 August 2013


If I had to choose my all time favourite nail polish shades they would all be Chanel offerings.  They have a bad rep. but I quite like them.  And I’ve a ridiculous number of them to prove it!  I know they are expensive but no more so than other high end brands and yes, the lasting power isn’t amazing but I don’t think it’s that bad.  (Except for Lilis, I just can’t get that one to work for me.)

First up the Summer Staple - Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in 617 Holiday.  I can’t come up with any more adjectives to describe how much I love this.  A gorgeous orangey-red hybrid.  I’ve literally been applying this for weeks now.  It looks beautiful with a tan.  Summer in a bottle!

The Nude - 559 Frenzy.  One I reach for all year round when I want a more subtle hued, muted manicure.  Similar to my beloved HG contender, Nails Inc. Porchester Square if a little paler.  This gives the most perfect neutral nail, while flattering my skin tone and not looking too mannequin hand-esque.  

The Winter Pick - 18 Rouge Noir.  Of all my Chanel polishes this blackened red has the most impressive staying power on me.  This looks great on shorter nails.  A dark, bold, vampy colour that I can’t wait to lacquer up again with when the evenings start drawing in.

If you are planning on perusing the Chanel counter and I had to recommend any they would be the above three!

14 comments :

  1. I quite like Frenzy too and have been using Vertigo a lot this year, but I have a strong need to get some new shades :O). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I must dig Vertigo out more, love that shade!

      Delete
  2. Love the look of Frenzy! The perfect nude for me? I must try and see :P

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Rouge Noir, it was my first ever Chanel polish! Dying to try Holiday though, such a gorgeous zingy colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh pretty colours, Ive heard so may nice things about holiday I just wish it was cheaper!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize that Chanel nail polishes have a bad rep. I see them all over the internet (on blog posts). I thought they were great given that it's Chanel. Even if they are not long-lasting, I do really like their colour range and would like to own at least one Chanel polish one day.

    Ty's Blog of Epiphanies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad rep. as such but they aren't known for their lasting quality :)

      Delete
  6. Oh i am crazy about frenzy!

    Any new colors you will suggest for autumn?

    wentalkstoshoes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh there are new ones each season but I love Rouge Noir :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations