The Makeup #20: Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes Mascara

Saturday, 24 August 2013






































































For months there has been a Tom Ford Beauty Extreme Mascara shaped hole in my heart eh makeup collection.  One that is definitely on the more spendy side, so I’ve been searching for its replacement and have started with Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes Mascara in Extra Black. Lancôme have partnered with Lanvin’s Artistic Director Alber Elbaz on these limited edition versions.  

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the packaging?  And yes, I have kept the box!  Loser!  This meets all my mascara requirements.  Fussy who me?  It doesn’t transfer on my oily lids, so most importantly no panda eyes!  I like the shape of the wand and the bristled brush.  My lashes are naturally long but very straight and I find that this separates lashes and holds a curl well while still adding length and volume.

There are no clumps with this and it doesn’t leave my lashes feeling dry like some can.  It layers well and isn’t a pain to remove.  While I do really like this, I think it is better for giving natural definition and I would prefer my Makeup Forever Smokey Lash for a more dramatic night time look.

8 comments :

  1. I haven't seen this around but loving the packaging. You should've taken a before and after pic with the mascara on :)

    Love you blog, now following on GFC, BL and Twitter. xx

    http://glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the packaging swayed me!

      Thanks for having a read :)

      Delete
  2. I have heard such great things about this mascara and the packaging is too cute :o) - on the list of things to buy next month! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many people talk about this...UGH I really need to get it! I'm a sucker for the packaging! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the review post, following for sure : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations