The Makeup #19: Lighten Up

Tuesday, 6 August 2013






























I've mentioned before that I much prefer Winter, as much as I enjoy the nice weather and the sunshine, Summer just spells disaster for my oily skin.  There is a fine line between dewy, glowing and downright shiny!  I know, I've crossed it!  Form an orderly queue boys...

Before I would have turned to heavier foundations to combat shine and oiliness but hated that heavy feeling of thick makeup on my skin that as it got hotter, feeling as though it was melting off - nice!  So this season, I've lightened up and have been loving lighter bases.

There is an ode to my current go-to here - Diorskin Nude BB Creme in the shade 001.  I bloomin' L-O-V-E this stuff!  Much hyped and deservedly so.  I would describe this as medium coverage which is more than the usual BB offerings and has more of a matte finish but buffed in with fingers this gives a flawless skin-like glow.  I have been reaching for this when I need my makeup to last all day or for nights out,

Long before I discovered Dior, Chantecaille Just Skin Anti-Smog Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15 held a special place in my heart.  Sold as a tinted moisturiser but more like a light foundation.  This evens the skin tone and camouflages any minor niggles, I use this if I'm just going to be out and about for a few hours and wear it at the weekend.  

I may be losing the run of myself here but I really want to try the Guerlain BB Cream.  Have any of you tried it?

13 comments :

  1. Have wanted to try both of these but they have such a limited shade range, not sure they would have them in a shade to suit my skintone xxx

    Heels Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's a pity! I'm surprised Dior don't have a better range.

      Delete
  2. The Dior BB Creme is just amazing, so smooth and gives such a gorgeous finish! Haven't tried the Chantecaille tinted moisturiser yet, but it's been on my lust list for a while x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it? I think I prefer the Dior to the Chantecaille actually :)

      Delete
  3. I have heard so many good things about the Dior Nude BB Cream, I think it's about time I gave it a try :)

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely blog!!

    would you like to follow each other?

    www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to try either of these products but I love BB creams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just started using the Dior bb cream and so far I really like it, plus I just feel so grown up using a Dior product, sad I know hahah :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are definitely right!! I also have combination skin and see that the Dior's BB cream is perfect coverage and helps to not look oily!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, it's getting ridiculous how much I go on about it now :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations