The Lips #20: The Pink Pout

Sunday, 4 August 2013























There is something you should all know.  There is no easy way to say this, I hope you're sitting down. But I've been a bit of a lipstick floozy as of late and have been wearing PINKS.  That's right, I said it - pink!  And I love it!

Slightly cheating with my tentative step away from understated hues and my first foray into all things rose-y with Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in #43 La Favorite as this is described as a coral shade but it comes out much more pink toned on my lips.  I typically find matte formulas drying but this, while long lasting, is very comfortable to wear.

For when I'm feeling brave NARS Schiap is a gorgeous bold pink with blue undertones.  Extremely pigmented and another matte formula but doesn't feel heavy on the lips.  This fades nicely to a pink stain and just so you know this looks equally awesome worn around the house paired with PJs and a topknot for not so brave days...

A not so in your face option is the Tom Ford Lip Colour in 08 Flamingo.  Matte yet this glides on and imparts a hint of a sheen with the most incredible warm mid-tone pink colour.  And yes, yes I have been applying it from the other side so as not to ruin the TF embossing! 

Another shocking shade is MAC Impassioned.  This is an amplified formula so super bright. This is a pink with an undertone of coral through it.  This has a creamy buttery texture so has more slip but I find that this lasts 3/4 hours before I need to reapply. One swipe leaves a medium to full coverage.

So there you have it, the lipstick I've been lovin' recently and not a nude or peach in sight.  I don't know who I am anymore...

6 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous selection of pinks you have! I'm a big fan on Mac Impassioned but that Tom Ford colour oh my I NEED it!!! Haha I think everyone applies from the opposite side.. Who would want to ruin the gorgeous TF ;)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's okay then, thought it was just me hehe :)

      Delete
  2. The Chanel lippy is beaut!

    Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mac Impassioned is definitely one of my favourites along with Mac Girl About Town and Show Orchid :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I had Show Orchid years ago, must try it again soon :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations