The Haircare #6: Humid Hair SOS

Sunday, 18 August 2013


I don’t know about you but the humidity and now the rain is doing me no favours!  Seriously the weather is making a hot mess of it - literally!  My options are top-knot or feral!  Most days, I sport lazy locks, bucket loads of the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray and let it do it’s thang!  I still love the Bumble and Bumble Surf duo for undone tousled tresses but there are days when I’d like to swoosh a more sleek mane than lion’s mane.  To tame my thick, unruly locks, I have been loving the following trio:

First up, Ojon Dry Recovery Hydrating Shampoo - some products for dry or damaged hair can leave an almost greasy residue but this adds hydration to my coarse hair and leaves it feeling super clean without weighing it down.  I don’t think Ojon products smell incredible but they leave you with soft, shiny and manageable locks, so that’s only a minor grumble.

To lock in moisture post shampoo, I use the Ojon Dry Recovery Hydrating Conditioner - this is perfect when my bleached, heat styled ends need extra TLC.  I slather this on and comb through the mid-lengths to ends, sometimes leaving for 3-5 minutes like a mask for silky smooth results.

Finally I spray a liberal amount of Oribe Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray through my tresses.  This offers heat protection and smells amazing!  This helps me achieve a smoother, straighter style.  Which is no mean feat, believe me, blow-drying is a job in itself!  

What are your hair heroes?

*Since writing this, I've added the Oribe Anti-Humidity Spray to my arsenal.  I'm loving it so far but I'll report back once I've given it a thorough trial*

10 comments :

  1. I love the Ojon Recovery Range too, the hair mask is amazing too! Really want to try more Oribe products too, have only tried the Dry TExturising spray which I love but this and the Volumista spray are next on my list! xx

    Heels Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not to keen on the scent but Ojon is fab isn't it? And I love love love Oribe :)

      Delete
  2. I love Oribe, my room would be full of everything if I could afford it all, I'll definitely be making some Oribe purchases come payday/birthday.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried any of those, but would love to! They sound great. I use anything for my hair lol That's probably bad...

    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous, my hair is so unruly I have to be careful what I use :)

      Delete
  4. The Ojon Dry recovery range sounds amazing - think I might need to try it out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent isn't amazing but it works really well :)

      Delete
  5. Ive never tried this but my hair goes crazy in that weather too haha

    www.apinchofshaz.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations