The Edit #23: I Heart Summer Tag

Thursday, 22 August 2013


Okay so I'm a bit behind schedule here as it's almost the end of August but I thought I'd make the most of the last little bit of Summer by doing the "I Heart Summer Tag".  I have see a few YouTube videos on this and thought I would incorporate it into a blog post so here goes.

1. Favourite bronzer for Summer?

I have been loving using my Soleil Tan De Chanel all over and then a bit of MAC Bronzing Powder in the shade Golden to fake the appearance of cheekbones/contour.  I'm desperate to get my hands on NARS Laguna however.

2. Favourite Summer drink?

It's probably for the best that Summer is coming to an end as I have been enjoying (a bit too much) iced lattes from Starbucks.  Not as unhealthy as a frappuccino I suppose but still it's becoming a bit of an addiction.

3. Favourite Summer lip product?

With the warm weather I don't want anything too heavy or pigmented so I have been loving wearing Tom Ford Lip Colour Shine in the shade 08 Frolic.  This has a balm-like texture with a nice sheer coat of colour.

4. Pool or Beach?

Can I cheat and say beach for swimming in the sea but then I'd rather lay by the pool.  I HATE sand! A legit phobia fo' sho'.

5. What's your must-have styling product for summer?

I have to say my beloved Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray.  With the heat and humidity there's nothing for it but lazy, tousled undone locks.

6. Sun bathing or fake-tan?

I am diligent about protecting my skin and wearing a high SPF so for a sun-kissed look, it's lashings of Cocoa Brown One Hour Tan Mousse for me!

7. Favourite Summer nail polish?

I was compiling my all-time favourite shades for a separate post and one of my HG contenders for Summer is Chanel Le Vernis 617 Holiday.  It is the most perfect Summery orange toned red.

8. Any Summer traditions?

I suppose just making the most of the nice weather and be outdoors as much as possible.  And eating far too many ice-pops does that count?

9. Favourite Summer scent?

I generally prefer heavier, more musky scents but Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess just screams smells of Summer to me!  I love, love, luuurve it!

10. Favourite BBQ food?

I don't have one particular favourite BBQ food, I just enjoy eating outside with family/friends on nice Summer evenings.  

11. What is your Summer proof product?

Spray toners and facial mists have been my saviour this Summer.  My go-to has been the Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Facial Mist to refresh and hydrate on hot days.

12.  Any Summer vacation plans this year?

No beach holidays this year I'm afraid but I've enjoyed a few mini city breaks.  Trust me, if there is a Sephora nearby I'm happy :)

6 comments :

  1. so glad i found your blog - I love it! So interesting :)

    I'm your newest follower!

    www.fashion-form.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooog nice tag!
    Will definitely be doing it! I also loooove Raybans!

    evrything-nothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Este Lauder Bronzer is my favourite cosmetics for Summer

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations